Effective Date: Feb 24, 2022
Daon has created and adopted this Privacy Statement to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy.
This Privacy Statement describes how Daon, as a data controller, collects, uses, processes, and shares the personal information that we collect from you directly or via a third party, or that you provide to us through. www.daon.com (collectively, the “Services”).
We encourage you to read this Privacy Statement carefully to understand our use of your Data in connection with our Services (defined below). Our Services are intended for the trade (i.e., business-to-business) and not for consumers of personal or household goods or services and should only be accessed by persons acting in a commercial business capacity. This Privacy Statement does not address data that we process as the service provider of a data controller or the VeriFLY service (www.myverifly.com).
1. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement at any time. If we make any changes we will post those changes here and update the “Effective Date” at the top of this Privacy Statement. Each time you use the Services the current Privacy Statement will apply and you should review it each time you access or use the Services.
2. DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Generally speaking, “personal information” is any data that can be used to identify or contact you. However, while this Privacy Statement broadly addresses all types of personal information that we may collect, some of the data we describe below may not be considered personal information according to the data protection laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside. Therefore, you should understand that certain parts of this Privacy Statement will not apply to you depending on the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside.
3. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
This Privacy Statement applies to the processing of personal information collected by Daon when you:
- Visit our website or other online services (other than www.myverifly.com);
- Visit our branded social media pages;
- Visit our offices;
- Receive communication from us or otherwise communicate with us via email, phone calls or text ;
- Register for, attend or take part in one of our events or webinars; or
- Act or work as a service provider or supplier to us to the extent Daon acts as a data controller of your personal information (collectively the “Services”)
Any additional information you provide to us is voluntary. Please be aware that you can choose whether to provide us with the types of information described below.
A. Information we collect directly from you
The personal information we collect directly from you includes identifiers, professional or employment-related information, commercial information and internet activity information, among others. We collect such information in the following situations:
Information you provide to us when accessing, visiting or using the Services. When you visit our website or our offices, engage with us as a vendor or customer, or otherwise access or use the Services, we collect information you provide to us as a controller, including, but not limited to:
- Registration information. By registering on the Services, we will collect any information that you make available to us. For example, we may collect your name, physical address, and e-mail address.
- Third party information. We may receive information about you from third parties that you have authorised to share such information with us. For example, if you link your social media account with our Services, we may receive information about you from your social media account.
- Communications with us. When you communicate with us in any way, such as e-mail or telephone, we will receive your contact information and any other information you choose to provide to us.
- If you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and to provide your name, email address, phone number, company name and time and date of arrival;
- If you visit our offices or attend an event, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you may be required to provide information regarding your health status, including your temperature, COVID-19-related symptoms, exposure to COVID-19 positive individuals, vaccination status, testing results, and recent travel history; and
- If you are a supplier or service provider to Daon (or work for a supplier or service provider), you may also be required to provide us with personal information such as your contact details and payment and billing information.
- If you are a client or potential client of Daon, you may provide us with certain data where we, and not the business or other organization you represent, is the data controller, such as business contact information.
- If you provide us or our affiliates with any personal information relating to other individuals, you represent that you have the authority to do so, and where required, have obtained the necessary consent, and acknowledge that it may be used in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
In the event you choose not to provide us with the minimum amount of data necessary we may not be able to complete your request and you may be denied access to our services or officers.
B. Personal information we collect from other sources
We also collect information about you from other sources from publicly available information. We may combine this information with personal information provided by you. This helps us update, expand, and analyze our records, identify new customers, and create more tailored advertising to provide services that may be of interest to you. The personal information we collect from other sources includes identifiers, professional or employment-related information, education information and commercial information we collect such personal information from the following sources:
- Third party providers of business contact information, including mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), IP addresses, social media profiles, LinkedIn URLs, and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising, delivering relevant email content, event promotion, determining eligibility and verifying contact information; and
- Another individual at your organization who may provide us with your personal information, which may include personal information to the extent you consent to providing it and sharing it, for the purposes of obtaining services and pertaining to our vendors.
Information about your use of the Services. We collect information about you passively when you visit the Services. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. Examples of the types of information we collect include, but are not limited to:
- Third-party plugins. We may have integrated third-party plugins in the Services, and the use of such third-party plugins results in data collection by both Daon and the relevant third-party. For example, the Services may feature a Facebook “Like” button and other widgets, such as the “Share” button or interactive mini-programs. If you use or interact with a third-party plugin, then both the third-party company and Daon will collect information about your access and use of the Services. Please see section 6 for further information.
- Cookies and similar tracking technologies. We use both first-party and third-party cookies, and other similar tracking technologies on the Services. A cookie is a small data file that is stored on your device and collects information such as your IP address or information about your use of and/or activities on the Services (for example, what pages you visited or on which part of our Services you spent the most time). We may also use pixels, such as to track opening of emails. Please see section 6 below for more information.
- Log data. We collect log data about your use of the Services, which may include your IP address, IP data and the time of your access or use of the Services, page views, the referring URLs, and any other information about your activities on the Services.
- Accessing and using the Services in any other way. When you use or access the Services, we may collect information such as search terms, interactions with other users, and any other activities on the Services.
These types of passive collection may include tracking of a device across time and third-party services. Some browsers have so-called “do not track” signals, but different browsers have different default settings and there is not an industry consensus as to what these mean. Accordingly, we do not look for or address these signals.
4. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION AND THE ASSOCIATED LEGAL BASIS
Generally, we collect your personal information for the purposes of providing you with and improving upon the Services and our legitimate business interests, as set out below. If we identify any new purposes outside of the stated purposes listed below, we will update this Privacy Statement or provide you with notification as required by applicable law.
Services We collect and process your personal information (including, where legally permissible, special categories of personal information) for the following purposes. Where required by law, we obtain your consent to use and process your personal information for the below purposes. Otherwise, we rely on another authorized legal basis (including but not limited to the (a) consent (b) performance of a contract or (c) complying with a legal obligation or (d) legitimate interest) to collect and process your personal information, as further detailed below.
- Promoting the security of our Services: We process your personal information by tracking use of our website and other Services, creating aggregated non-personal data, verifying accounts and activity, investigating suspicious activity, and enforcing our terms and policies to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in promoting the safety and security of the Services, , systems and applications and the security of Daon generally, and in protecting our rights and the rights of others;
- Managing user registrations for Support: If you have registered for a customer support account with us, we process your personal information by managing your user account for the purpose of performing our contract with you according to applicable terms of service;
- B2B Marketing: we may contact you to market our services in the B2B environment based on our legitimate interest of promoting our services.
- Handling contact and user support requests: If you fill out a “Contact Me” web form or request user support, or if you contact us by other means including but not limited to via phone, we process your personal information to perform our contract with you and to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in fulfilling your requests and communicating with you;
- Managing event registrations and attendance: We process your personal information to plan and host events or webinars for which you have registered or that you attend, including sending related communications to you or to perform our contract with you or where we receive your consent;
- Contract fulfilment: We may process your personal information for the purposes of fulfilling our contract with you We do this where it is necessary for the performance of the relevant contract;
- Employment application: We may process your personal information for the purpose of your application for employment with the company and we do this on the basis that it is necessary to take steps for entering into a contract with you or for the performance of our contract with you.
- Developing and improving our Services: We process your personal information to analyze trends and to track your usage of and interactions with our Services to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving our Services and providing our users with more relevant content and service offerings, or where we seek your consent;
- Assessing and improving user experience: We process device and usage data which in some cases may be associated with your personal information, to analyze trends and assess and improve the overall user experience to the extent it is necessary for our legitimate interest in developing and improving the service offering or Services, or where we seek your consent;
- Registering and hosting visitors to the office or at events: We process your personal information for security, health, and safety reasons, to register visitors and to manage non-disclosure agreements that visitors may be required to sign, to the extent such processing is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting our offices, staff and visitors and our confidential information against unauthorized access. In addition, certain health data (which may include special categories of personal information) may be processed for office visits and at events during the COVID-19 pandemic to ensure the safety and security of our visitors and employees (where legally permitted) with your consent or where necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health;
- Sending communications: We will process your personal information, or device and usage data, which in some cases may be associated with your personal information, to send you marketing information, product recommendations and other non-transactional communications (e.g., marketing newsletters, telemarketing calls, SMS, or push notifications) about us and our affiliates and partners, including information about our products, promotions, news or events as necessary for our legitimate interest in conducting direct marketing or to the extent you have provided your prior consent;
- Compliance with legal obligations: We process your personal information when cooperating with public and government authorities, courts or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under applicable laws to the extent this requires the processing or disclosure of personal information to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse or abuse of our Services, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders or legal processes, respond to lawful requests, or for auditing purposes.
5. INFORMATION SHARING
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Statement.
- Third parties authorised by you. We will disclose your personal information to a third party with your authorisation.
- Third-party service providers. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us, based on our instructions and in compliance with this Privacy Statement and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- Professional Advisors We may share your personal information with professional advisors acting as service providers , processors or controllers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking , legal, insurance and accounting services and to the extent that we are legally obliged to share or have a legitimate interest in sharing your personal information;
- Compliance with legal obligations. We may also disclose your personal information as required by law, such as: to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process; when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights; to protect your safety or the safety of others; to investigate fraud; or, to respond to a government request. Where possible and legally permissible, we will consult you in advance of any such disclosure. We will reject any third-party requests for personal information that are not legally binding.
- Business transaction. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we may disclose your personal information to a third party involved in the transaction as permitted by applicable law.
- Affiliated businesses. Daon may share your personal information with affiliates to provide the services including access to the Services and to improve or develop the Services.
- Cookies.Please see below
We may also share anonymous or de-identified usage data the purpose of helping Daon in such analysis and improvements to show trends about the general use of our services.
6. COOKIES & SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
COOKIES. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a computer or device when you visit the Services. If you reject our cookies and/or similar tracking technologies, you may still use the Services, but your ability to use some or all of the Services, such as contests or surveys, will be limited. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. A “session ID” cookie expires when you end your session (i.e., close your browser). We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Services. A “persistent” cookie remains on your hard drive which means that when you end your session and return to the same web Services later, the cookie information is still available. We set a persistent cookie to store your passwords so you don’t have to enter it more than once. Persistent cookies also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance their experience on the Services. We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential because they enable you to move around the Services and use certain features on the Services. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas. Without these cookies, some content cannot be provided.
- Performance/Analytics Cookies. These cookies collect information about how you use the Services. For example, a performance/analytics cookie will collect information about which pages you go to most often, how much time you spend on that page, or if you get error messages from certain pages. These cookies do not gather information that identifies you. The information these cookies collect is anonymous and is used to improve how the Services works.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies allow us to remember the choices you make and to tailor the Services so we can provide relevant content to you. For example, a functionality cookie can remember your preferences (e.g., country or language selection), or your username.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies. These cookies are used to provide advertisements that are more appealing to you and your interests, and to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. For example, a targeting/advertising cookie can remember that you have visited the Services, and it may share this information with other organisations, such as advertisers. This means that after you have visited the Services, you may see advertisements about our products and services elsewhere on the Internet.
WEB BEACONS / GIFS. Web beacons, or “clear gifs,” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive or device, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We and our third-party service provider employ web beacons for the reasons stated above (under “Cookies”), but primarily to help us better manage content on the Services by informing us which content is effective.
7. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES & SIMILAR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Below we describe how you can manage first-party or third-party cookies.
Our Cookies (or, “First-Party Cookies”). You can use the browser with which you are viewing the Services to enable, disable, or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please be advised that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access parts of the Services or the Services may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Third-Party Cookies. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see https://www.aboutads.info/consumers, and to opt-out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices, go to https://www.aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link, you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising entities or only receive advertising provided by specific advertising entities. We are not responsible for the completeness or accuracy of these third party notices or the effectiveness of their opt-outs or other features or functionality.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your personal information only for as long as necessary for the purposes of providing access to the Services and related services to you, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
The Services have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. Daon will endeavour to use appropriate security measures including firewalls and monitoring.
However, no data transmission over the Internet or storage of data can be guaranteed as 100% secure, thus we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to or store with us, and you transfer and store such data at your own risk. You are also responsible for the security of your personal information by taking precautionary measures, such as keeping any account password confidential and using secure wireless connections.
10. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Our Services are for a business audience and intended for persons above the age of majority. We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 16. Children under 16 should not provide personal information to us on the Services. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a person under 16 years of age, we will act as required by applicable law.
11. “DO-NOT-TRACK” SIGNAL
You may disable cookies through your browser settings, but Daon does not change the way it responds to a “Do-Not-Track” signal.
12. LINKS TO 3RD PARTY SERVICES
13. DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
If you wish to request access to, rectification, erasure or restriction of your personal information, or object to the processing of your personal information, please email us at [email protected] We will respond to reasonable requests in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Daon Technology is the controller for the Personal Information we process, and for the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UKGDPR) Daon UK is the data controller, unless otherwise stated. For all data protection enquiries and/or concerns in connection with your EU or UK privacy rights please contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]
You may have certain rights relating to your personal information, subject to local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws these rights may include the right to:
- Access your personal information held by us;
- Know more about how we process your personal information;
- Rectify inaccurate personal information and, taking into account the purpose of processing the personal information, ensure it is complete;
- Erase or delete your personal information;
- Restrict our processing of your personal information;
- Transfer your personal information to another controller, to the extent possible;
- Object to any processing of your personal information;
- Opt-out of certain disclosures of your personal information to third parties;
- Not be discriminated against for exercising your rights described above;
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects (“Automated Decision-Making”); and
- Withdraw your consent at any time (to the extent we base processing on consent), without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
- Where we process your personal information for direct marketing purposes you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection
- Please note that Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our Web Services or any of the processing included in this notice.
14. INTERNATIONAL USERS & DATA
As a global organisation, where legally permissible, Daon may collect, use, disclose, and otherwise process your personal information in countries outside of the country of your residence, which may have different data protection rules.
Personal information from inside the EU may be processed by Daon Inc. in the U.S. and Daon (Australia) Pty Ltd. in Australia, and Daon d.o.o. in Serbia, for the purpose of providing customer service and support. Appropriate safeguards are in place via standard data protection clauses adopted by the EU Commission signed between Daon Inc., Daon (Australia) Pty Ltd., and Daon d.o.o. (Belgrade), with Daon Technology which are available on request. If we share your personal information with external third parties outside of the E.E.A. we use specific contracts with external third parties that are approved by the European Commission for the transfer of personal information to third countries. These contracts require the same levels of personal information protection that would apply under the GDPR. However, any transfer of your data out of the E.E.A. may result in access to this data by local public authorities for monitoring purposes or public health, as permitted under local surveillance or public health laws.
Daon will not transfer personal information outside the EU to a third country or international organisation that does not provide an adequate level of data protection or without ensuring that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the privacy and integrity of such personal information.
- Adequacy Decisions: We rely on decisions from the European Commission where they recognise that certain countries and territories outside of the European Economic Area ensure an adequate level of protection for personal information. These decisions are referred to as “adequacy decisions”. We transfer your personal information from the European Economic Area to UK in reliance on the European Commission’s adequacy decision for the UK.
- Standard Contractual Clauses: We utilise standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission (and the equivalent standard contractual clauses for the UK, where appropriate) for transfers to the United States, the UK and Australia.
While transfers to countries that don’t have an adequacy decision typically take place on the basis of the standard contractual clauses, in certain circumstances, transfers can also take place on the basis of exemptions provided for under data protection law. For example, sharing with law enforcement, in emergency situations where we learn that a person’s life is at risk.
15. WHO ARE WE?
In EU/EMEA services are provided by Daon UC, in the UK by Daon UK in the USA services are provided by Daon Inc., and in Asia and Australia services are provided by Daon (Australia) Pty Ltd (collectively, “Daon” or “we”).
Complaint to Data Protection Commission
We hope you are satisfied with our use of your data. However, you have a right to complain to the Data Protection Commission at Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois by telephone at 1890 25 2231 and/or by email to [email protected]
16. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, our data handling practices, or your dealings with our Services, you can contact us at: [email protected]
Custom House Quay
Dublin 1, Ireland
4097 Monument Corner Dr
Fairfax, VA 22030, USA
DAON (AUSTRALIA) PTY LTD
Suite 65, Level 1
10-12 Lonsdale Street, Braddon ACT 2612
Suite 1, 3rd Floor,
11-12 St. James’s Square,
London SW1Y 4LB
Žorža Klemansoa 19
Contact Details of the Data Protection Officer:
Name: Tracy Elliott
Email: [email protected]
Address: IFSC House, Custom House Quay, Dublin 1, Ireland